Whether you are cruising, fishing or working, the 30 hp EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) will meet your needs. We are the first to offer a battery-less EFI system that provides quick throttle response and very smooth rides on the water.
The upper and lower motor cover features a more modern look, and easier access to regular maintenance items. Plus, the multi-function tiller handle comes standard on all 30 hp models with electric start. This tiller includes all controls conveniently located on the handle for easy access giving you more control, better maneuverability and increased safety.
When you need compact power, the 30hp 4-stroke has exactly what you need.
Tohatsu 30 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- New sleek design
- Designed with proven technology
- Advanced cross-flow induction for smooth operation
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Larger capacity oil reservoir for optimum lubrication
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- Tuned intake system for crisp takeoffs
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Lower gear ratio from 1.92:1 to 2.17:1 gives you better low end torque and the ability to turn a higher pitch prop for better top end performance
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- The boating industry's first battery-free, manual start EFI 4-stroke
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Front mounted shift lever for easier operation
- Shallow water drive, 6 tilt positions* (*Certain models)
- Power trim and tilt* (*Certain models)
- Remote control** (**Remote control models)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Redesigned upper and lower motor cover for a more modern look and easier access to regular maintenance items
- Built in fresh water flush system on lower motor cover for easy access
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 6.6 gallon (25 liter) fuel tank including fuel fittings and fuel line
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (audible)
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 16 bit ECU precisely controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for 4-stroke engines.
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models. : The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
- Tuned Intake Manifold: The tuned intake manifold provides increased low & mid speed torque and quieter operation.
- Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection: The 30hp and 25hp now have the industry's first battery-less electronically controlled fuel injection that provides quick throttle response, excellent fuel economy, and very smooth rides on the water.
- Tubular Air-Intake: The tubular structure of the air-intake, originally developed by Tohatsu, helps to take in necessary airflow to the engine while preventing water from entering into the motor cover.
- Built-in freshwater flushing system: Standard built-in freshwater flushing system simplifies routine engine flushing.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MFS30CL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 3
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3
- Output: 30 hp (22.1 kW)
- Displacement: 526 cc (32.09 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 61 x 60 mm (2.4 x 2.36 in)
- Starting: Electric or Manual
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.17:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 8 in. - 14 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 2 qt. (1800 mL)
- Fuel Tank: 6.6 US gal. (25 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 157 lb. (71.5 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 180W, 15A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,250 - 6,250
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Standard
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Option
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Option