With Tohatsu's reputation for powerful speed and unmatched reliability, the Tohatsu 25 hp EFI 4-stroke will keep boaters loyal. The redesigned upper and lower motor cover features a more modern look, and easier access to regular maintenance items.
The new multi-function tiller handle comes standard on all 25hp tiller models with electric start. This tiller includes all controls conveniently located on the handle for easy access giving you more control, better maneuverability and increased safety.
With all of the features you need to make the most of your motor on the water, this engine with electronic fuel injection gives what it promises: powerful performance and exceptional fuel economy. This 25 hp 4-stroke has become another top seller.
Tohatsu 25 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Designed with proven technology
- New sleek design
- Advanced cross-flow induction for smooth operation
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Larger capacity oil reservoir for optimum lubrication
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- Tuned intake system for crisp takeoffs
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Lower gear ratio from 1.92:1 to 2.17:1 gives you better low end torque and the ability to turn a higher pitch prop for better top end performance
- The boating industry's first battery-free, manual start EFI 4-stroke
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging
- Shallow water drive, 6 tilt positions* (*Certain models)
- Front mounted shift lever for easier operation
- Power trim and tilt* (*Certain models)
- Remote control** (**Remote control models)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Redesigned upper and lower motor cover for a more modern look and easier access to regular maintenance items
- Built in fresh water flush system on lower motor cover for easy access
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- 6.6 gallon (25 liter) fuel tank including fuel fittings and fuel line
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Low oil pressure warning (audible)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 16 bit ECU precisely controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for 4-stroke engines.
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models. : The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
- Tuned Intake Manifold: The tuned intake manifold provides increased low & mid speed torque and quieter operation.
- Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection: The 30hp and 25hp now have the industry's first battery-less electronically controlled fuel injection that provides quick throttle response, excellent fuel economy, and very smooth rides on the water.
- Built-in freshwater flushing system: Standard built-in freshwater flushing system simplifies routine engine flushing.
- Tubular Air-Intake: The tubular structure of the air-intake, originally developed by Tohatsu, helps to take in necessary airflow to the engine while preventing water from entering into the motor cover.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MFS25CEFTS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 3
- Electric Start: Standard
- Tiller Handle: S1
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3
- Output: 25 hp (18.4 kW)
- Displacement: 526 cc (32.09 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 61 x 60 mm (2.4 x 2.36 in)
- Starting: Electric or Manual
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.17:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 8 in. - 14 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 2 qt. (1800 mL)
- Fuel Tank: 6.6 US gal. (25 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 157 lb. (71.5 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 180W, 15A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Standard
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Option
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Option
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
** FC-W® is a registered trademark of the National Marine Manufacturers Assoc. (NMMA)
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.